Sydney, 14 November 2017 – The Association for Data-driven Marketing & Advertising (ADMA) is thrilled to announce that Haile Owusu, Mashable’s Chief Data Scientist, will be one of the headline speakers for its annual Data Day conference for 2018.
With 45 million unique monthly users and 28 million social media followers, Mashable is a powerhouse in media and entertainment. Participants are invited to join Haile as he uncovers the growing relationship between the data science and marketing teams at Mashable, while also exploring best practice to deliver the right content to the right people, at the right time.
As Chief Data Scientist for Mashable, Haile is at the coalface of innovative data analytics. He will speak about how his team utilise a mix of in-house and external technologies to anticipate the interests of its broad base of consumers and assist the team’s marketing efforts. One such technology is the predictive social analytics tools that Haile and his team have built, Velocity.
Jodie Sangster, CEO, ADMA said: “Data Day is a critical event for our industry, given the importance of data for marketing and commercial success. The opportunity to learn from industry leaders on how we can make positive changes for the future of our data driven world is second to none.”
ADMA Data Day is the country’s largest and most comprehensive data-driven conference and will take place in Melbourne (23 February) and Sydney (26 February). The one-day event attracts hundreds of marketers and like-minded professionals every year to explore and discuss current industry trends, business opportunities and key issues relating to our data-hungry climate.
This one-day event will also feature other highly regarded and prominent data experts including:
- Wendy Walker, Head of Marketing – Global Expansion, Rest of the World, Intuit (SG). Wendy was awarded the Most Influential Global Brand Leader in 2016 & 2017, and named as one of the Top 100 Most Talented Global Marketing Leaders by the World Marketing Congress in both 2014 & 2015.
- Abhi Gupta, Senior Director, Global Head of Marketing Analytics, PayPal. As PayPal’s Global Head of Marketing Analytics, Abhi is responsible for providing fact based strategic leadership to PayPal’s consumer, merchant, Braintree, and Venmo marketing teams.
- Liz Moore, Director of Research, Insights and Analytics, Telstra. Elizabeth Moore is responsible for market research, competitive intelligence and analytics at Telstra and specialises in the use of customer insights to drive business profitability.
- Ingrid Maes, Director Loyalty, Data and Digital Media, Woolworths. Ingrid is one of Australia’s leading data-driven marketers with a long history in customer-centric, data-driven retail strategies.
- Donna Pidduck, Chief Marketing Officer, Origin Energy. Donna has been working to modernise marketing operations at Origin Energy since moving across from her role as CMO at Latitude Financial.
- Karen Giuliani, Head of Marketing, BT Financial Group. Karen Giuliani is responsible for leading the marketing strategy across advice, super, investments and insurance at one of the Australia’s largest wealth management businesses, BT Financial Group.
- Genevieve Elliott, GM Data, Analytics and Customer Strategy, Vicinity Centres. Genevieve Elliott has an eclectic work history and brings her experience across marketing, operations, sales and strategy to her current data and customer strategy role.
- Lee Siefken, Director of Marketing, Intercontinental Hotel Group. For over a decade, Lee helped The Walt Disney Company grow its global footprint, working with the world’s most influential entertainment, travel and luxury brands.
Visit www.adma.com.au/dataday18 for program details and to register your place now.
You can join in on the conversation by using the hashtag @ADMA #admadataday.